Marlborough Primary School is a welcoming and inclusive community school where diversity is embraced and celebrated.
Our expectations and aspirations of our children and each other are high regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
Achievement for All is our motto.
Our equalities statement is guided by the following core values:
- Equality in diversity – we are all equal
- Enabling and inclusive – we include everyone
and the following principles:
- Difference is recognised and respected
- We are a community of learners and as such share a sense of belonging underpinned by positive can do attitudes and relationships
- We aim to reduce and challenge barriers to equality that already exist
Our equality objectives 2020-21
To promote community cohesion within the school and beyond through events and opportunities that encourage families to come together and feel part of a ‘thriving connected community’.
To identify the barriers to achievement for children and find ways to overcome them in partnership with parents.
To promote spiritual, moral, social and cultural development though a broad range of curricular and extra-curricular opportunities, ensuring equality of opportunity.
To develop a mind-set that is learning orientated rather than a performance orientated.
To ensure that prejudice related bullying is eradicated in relation to the protected characteristic listed in the Quality Act 2010.
- To ensure that our interventions are focused on narrowing the gap between pupil premium and non-pupil premium children which has been increased during the pandemic
- To expand on our cultural offer for children across the school through the further development of our subject specific curriculum and enable all learners to excel
- To ensure the effective inclusion of ASD pupils into the new autism base and mainstream school.