The aims and objectives when teaching science at Marlborough are:
• To ensure working scientifically is at the heart of all science learning.
• To encourage a fascination and curiosity about the world around us.
• To embed a knowledge and understanding about scientific concepts in biology, chemistry and physics.
• To encourage the children to ask questions about the world and choose the best way to answer those questions using scientific processes.
• To encourage children to treat the living and non-living environment with respect and sensitivity.